Homemade Chocolate Milk

Quick recipe - no small talk. ;) I love this stuff! I use half cocoa, half carob powder to minimize caffeine consumption for the boys. It adds a different flavor, too. You could do all cocoa powder. I've also tried adding gelatin powder to bump up nutritional value, but I've never been able to get it completely blended.

Oh wait, I said no small talk. 

Homemade Chocolate Milk 

1/2 gallon raw milk (or just whole milk)
1/4-1/2 cup grade B maple syrup
2 tsp real vanilla extract 
2 T cocoa powder
2 T carob powder

Mix well using an immersion blender or regular blender. Our raw milk comes in half gallon sized mason jars so it's easy to just use an immersion blender, but you just want to make sure the carob powder gets blended in.

I drink this stuff with reckless abandon! 

-- Christine 

Comments

Popular Posts